For our production site in Kotka, Finland, we are looking for a motivated
The role of the Process Metallurgist includes but is not limited to:
developing and optimizing plasma furnace operating procedures; minimizing variability in the production process; coordinating with suppliers to develop steel grades for specialized applications; providing training to operating & maintenance teammates; providing metallurgical assistance to technical service representatives and customers; and utilizing statistical process control tools to direct continuous improvement activities. Moderate travel is expected.
Duties and responsibilities of the Process Metallurgist include:
- Develop and execute various continuous improvement projects within the heat treating department to increase efficiency, reduce cost, cut scrap, etc.
- Manage and oversee the installation of capital equipment and system upgrades
- Troubleshoot plant equipment as needed
- Train operators on SOP’s and proper equipment operation
- Ensure production and safety objectives are being met
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements of the Process Metallurgist include:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably Metallurgical or Materials Science
- Knowledge of heat treating processes
- Previous experience creating SOP’s and training operators
- Project management and capital equipment experience
- Statistical analysis, SPC, etc.
Why should you apply?:
- 10% target bonus
- Autonomous work environment
- Fast growing company
- Work/life balance, minimal weekends
Please send your application to: